Saturday, January 14, 2012

Barcelona snapshots


The supernice Australian girl at the hostel who taught me how to make paella. Yes, that's right I learned paella from an Australian.

The good-looking member of the broccoli family.
FINALLY I saw this "variety of seafood" the Spaniards always brag about. But hey, coming from the Pacific Northwest I suppose I have higher standards than most.
La Pedrera by Antoni Gaudi
Lots of interesting Mediterranean varieties at La Boqueria, a cool food only market just off the side of La Rambla.
The beautiful paella that I made along side the australian girl for the people at the hostel. 4 euros a plate I think it was and that included a beer or glass of wine.

Me and Juliana at Parque Guell.
Juliana and her sister Alesya with La Sagrada familia en the background.



Pretty sure they told me this was dragonfruit, more pretty than delicious. Like a kiwi but a lot less tang. I prefer tang!!
Pretty Catalan building


Casa Batlo'
Cool rock balcony at Parque Guell
Barcelona waterfront, not bad for winter, eh?
Michael Jackson glovin up for a street performance.
These were all the street performers we saw along La Rambla the day we walked it looking at crafts and people watching.







Parque Guell

No comments:

Post a Comment