Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Day in "el Campo"











These pics are from back in January when I spent a day in el campo (the country) with Olga, Francisco, Maria and Alberto. I teach English to Maria(didn't get a pic of her) and Alberto once a week. They are both great students and will end up fluent English-speakers when they are adults. The family is going to Australia to live for six months starting in June which will really take the kids to the next level with their English.

Anyways, so our day in the country was sunny and super-relaxing. The house you see here was designed by Francisco and is their country house, whereas; they also have a really beautiful house in town and a house on the beach in Malaga. This particular house has no electricity so Olga doesn't like to spend a lot of time there because she gets cold. Spaniards are so used to their wonderful climate that they get cold pretty easily.

The day we spent in the country consisted of tinto de verano (a mixture of red wine, soda and lemon), olives, potato chips and a super-thick Spanish tortilla. I think Olga's tortilla is the best one I've tried so far. That day we also tried to catch their new mare that was still scared of her new owners and home. We failed to calm her down that day even with some prompting with food. She was just too skittish. We also shot a bow and arrow, took a little walk down to the lake and ate acorns that had fallen from the trees. It was a nice, relaxing day. Muy tranquilo!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi my Jessey,
    What fantastic descriptions of your adventures.
    I so enjoy reading all you write and to look at the video's and photo's. You are keeping everything so interesting and exciting.
    I love you so much. Thank you for coloring my world each time I pull up your Blog.
    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the video of the fear factor of snail eating. You did real well and I'm proud of you.
    It is a custom that they enjoy doing and now you can say you joined in. I bet your Mom will eat them. I hope your time with Mom will be a fantastic time. I'm praying for each day to go well.
    Love you forever.
    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grams!! I can always count on you to stay on top of my adventures. Thank you for always caring and being involved. I love you and appreciate you so much. Hugs and kisses from Spain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my GrandDaughter and Daughter,
    I hope you blog your time together while Susan is over in Spain. I bet your having a blast.
    I'm looking forward to reading and seeing photo's of what you will be telling us all about. It is so neat that you are seeing things together and having fun.
    Love you both so very much.
    Your Grams and Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still waiting to read more new adventures on your Blog. I hope you will have time to tell about your Mom's visit and what you did together in Spain. Grams

    ReplyDelete