Saturday, February 19, 2011

El Festival Medieval

This Mid-Evil Festival was killer!!! I had so much fun there over the course of three days. It took place in La Corredera which is right next to my apartment. So everyday I made my way down to the festival. There were tons of interesting foods..everything from strange meats hanging, to candies, to dried exotic fruits, giant loaves of artisan breads, hot wine served in a horn, sangria with dry ice and fruit in it, to Galician-style octopus and much, much more. The music was amazing too with lots of bagpipes, strange stringed instruments, drums, whistles, tamborines, and more. It was fun walking around checking out all the crafts and I also LOVED the costumes. Some of them were down right scary while others looked like they were out of a Lord of the Rings movie. And they would come through the crowds in parades dressed all crazy on stilts while playing instruments. I told Irene and Juliana that I was glad I was an adult seeing this because I honestly think as a child I would have cried because of all the people dressed so creepy and elevated on stilts. As an adult I found it super-fun and interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment