Sunday, February 20, 2011

Malaga













A couple weeks ago I went to Malaga for the first time with Lola and her family. They have a super-nice, pristine new piso there in Torrox. The weather was great and for the first time in awhile I was able to enjoy some sunshine. I even borrowed a bikini from Lola and went in the water a little since I had never step foot in the Mediterranean before. I only went in to the waist because it was a bit cold and I still have plenty of time to swim in the Mediterranean as the weather is starting to warm up a little. If I had to describe the temperature of the water, I would say it was the equivalent of Lake Chelan at the beginning of the summer or Lake Crescent at the end of the summer. It numbed my legs a little but coming from Washington, THAT I am accustomed to.

We had a really nice, relaxing weekend with lots of good food, some good wine and nice company. I enjoyed all the food they cooked for me in their piso and the 2 times we ate in restaurants I enjoyed it as well. Lola and Antonio took me to Salobrena(pronounced salobrenya, but I don't have the ~ over the n ability) where we saw another castle in an all white, quaint and bright little pueblo on a hillside. We also went to Nerja which I really found to be beautiful. I made a video of Nerja because it has a charming vibe to it and the water there is really transparent and I wanted to capture it better with video.

We also enjoyed some beautiful Mediterranean sunsets like I always dreamed about seeing. But the best part was how patient they were with my Spanish. Lola and Antonio were constantly asking me if I understood things okay. They also taught me lots of words and ways of saying things to write down in my little notebook that I always carry. All in all it was a fabulous, relaxing weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! You look great! Thanks for sharing.
    --KP

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Jessey,
    Thank you for the marvelous description of your time in Toledo. I enjoyed visiting there too. We bought Knifes and some real neat Swords while there. I think Richard has them.
    The way you describe your travels is so interesting and holds me spell bound. Thanks for such a nice treat. I love reading your blogs. You have a gift of writing with the ability to make me feel like I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grams!! I am glad you enjoyed it. I will try and work on some more stuff too cuz I have lots more to tell about me and mom's adventures. Love you lots and I cant wait to see you. Ahhh!!

    ReplyDelete