Monday, May 16, 2011

Mojo Picon..from the Canary Islands


One of the ladies that I teach on Tuesday nights made this for us one night. I absolutely LOVED it. I know that it is traditionally used as a sauce for small boiled potatoes but I could see myself using it also as a sauce over white fish like snapper, cod or halibut or even shrimp or scallops. It is very simple but a tiny bit spicy and most definitely worth trying. Enjoy!!!

Mojo Picon
(pronounced moho peek-own)

250 centilitres of olive oil (metric people, sorry)

Some drops of white vinegar

1 clove of garlic

Some leaves of parsley

leaves of cilantro (not many, it´s much stronger than parsley)

A pinch of salt

Blend all ingredients together and serve over boiled potatoes such as baby reds or yukon golds or whatever soft-textured small potatoes you can find. Or if you're like me, try it over white fish or even chicken. And if you want if more spicy, just add more garlic. Feel free to play with the recipe a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment