Friday, September 10, 2010

A Dream Realized

Getting close to seeing a dream realized. This has been the dream of my twenties finally coming forth at 31. I get to live abroad in a Spanish-speaking country...and in Spain no less. What a rush!!! Thinking about it makes my eyes well up a little. I am finally in the idyllic position, like the quote about "when preparedness meets opportunity", they are finally intersecting.
Before I never quite had the confidence. I also wanted to get through school. Thanks to age, college and a great boyfriend I am now in the right place in my life, emotionally speaking. For so long I felt as though my dreams were untouchable...I could see them but never quite touch them. Its so crazy to think that its taken me this long to start making my dreams come true but I suppose I am luckier than many in that sense. Its quite possible that some people never see their dreams become a reality. So here's to soaking it in!!!!! This is one of those experiences where you just want to be "in the moment" as much as possible...to silence the responsible mind that wants to plan for the next "thing" before being finished with what I'm doing at the moment. This sort of behavior might be okay in your normal run-of-the-mill experiences but not here... not with this. I must go with the flow and see where it takes me.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing opportunity! I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to hear about your experiences. Best wishes for safe travels and best of luck in finding the flat of your dreams. ;-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chica!!! Love you too!!! My prayers will be with you as you deliver your lil Leon. I hope everything goes nice and smoothly. Your a tough lady, you can take it.

    ReplyDelete