Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tears and thank yous

I have said my goodbyes to almost everyone. Surprisingly I have gotten teary-eyed a couple of times but the tears really started flowin Sunday when I said goodbye to a lot of people in a short amount of time including my nephew Marcus. He asked "Are you gonna stay there a long time?" I said, "No, but I won't see you until after your birthday (which is in April)" He said "thats a long ways away". Then as we drove on the straight stretch out of Quincy, the tears began to stream full throttle from behind my aviators. I started to think "what if I need and miss these people much more than they need me?" But what I then realized was that its different for them...they only have to miss me, one person, whereas I will have to miss EVERYONE. Every single key player in this story I call my life. I am trying not to be overly dramatic but I also want to feel what I am supposed to feel in these moments.

Aside from emotional, I also feel thankful. Thank you to all of you who slipped me a little money to make the trip easier. Thank you to those who offered to watch my crazy dogs while we're gone. Thank you to those who get excited for me when I tell them what I'm doing and have faith in me. Thank you for the going away get-togethers, the cards, the presents and of course the delicious food. Thank you to Tony for uprooting his life to take a chance on adventure with me. Thank you to Grammy for letting me stay with her all summer to save money. If I am forgetting anyone or anything, thank you. I am so lucky to have all these positive minded people in my life. And as my gift to you, I will keep you posted on all the adventures good AND bad. I have my flip camera and am not afraid to use it. Much love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment