Sunday, November 14, 2010

Arab Baths






I know this is a terrible video but cameras aren't allowed and at least I got a little peak for everyone. I will include the link to their website so you can see what it really looks like in there. Also, it was superdark and my flip doesn't have a light. So....the Arab Baths were AMAZING. Everything from the marble, the candles, the architecture, the music, skylights, different temperature baths, the oil rub down, the smell...nothing short of amazing. So glad we went and on a rainy, dreary day. It was perfect.


First off, you have to make a reservation if you want to get in on a weekend. Juliana and I tried to go yesterday and were turned away at the door. With the rain and cold today, it turned out to be a better day for a bathing experience anyways. So, you just bring your bathing suit and thats it. They have big, thick towels that they give you and a locker to put your stuff in. They also give you a little menu looking thingy with instructions and recommendations for what order to do things and the reasoning behind it. They recommend the temperate pool first which is the one you see for a second in the video. Then, you move into the hot room and those tubs are frickin HOT. I am the type who loves hot tubs and takes really hot baths and showers but to me it was scorching. I love it!!! Then, they recommend that you go from boiling water to the ice cold tubs. OMG!!! I screamed a little. Felt like the rivers in Washington. Something about being good for the circulation to go from HOT, HOT, HOT water to FREEZING ASS COLD water. Then, they showed us where you can sit on marble slabs and sip on hierbabuena tea from silver arabian tea pots. Then, we went into the turkish bath house which is basically a sauna but with star shaped beams of light shining down through the steam and beautiful marble and tiles. The floor would almost burn your feet as you walked across to find a seat on the marble benches. It wasn't a superhot sauna like my mom likes to give. I don't think its supposed to singe your nostrils Mom!!! After that, we went back into the temperate pool and thats when the real relaxation started to occur. Thats when we stopped talking, giggling and getting in trouble by the noise natzi. We were too relaxed to make chit chat. At one point I looked over at Juliana in the HOT tub and she looked like a little baby sleeping. I've never seen her that relaxed. Wish I could've taken a picture. I too could have seriously fallen asleep in that water listening to the fountains and sensual arabian music.


From that point on we just wandered around in a euphoric daze; in and out of hot, cold, temperate and steam with some sips of tea in between until they called our number for our massages. I wasn't going to get one but Juliana talked me into it and said she would pay the extra 7€ for me to get a 15 min massage and essencial oil treatment. So glad she talked me into it. And not only that, she let me have the guy massage therapist. What a friend!!! So we layed on our bathside massage tables face down and let the magic begin. My guy was in his thirties and a little cute. He started by slowly untying the top and bottom ties of my bikini top. Then, he slid my bottoms half way down my cheeks and slathered my whole body in oil that smelled like jasmine. It wasn't the type of massage I was expecting. I thought it would be deeper and get to the muscles like the other ones I've had before. But no, it was a slippery rubdown of the whole back side of my body for 15 minutes. Whoa!!! I thought to myself while lying there, "you better enjoy every second of this, cuz this is probably the only action you'lle be getting for awhile." I was a little dazed and confused when I got up and when I said "MUCHAS gracias", he said "A ti." He said for me to shower and then we could continue our bathing adventures until our time was up. You get an hour and a half in the baths for 33€ with the "massage" and essential oils. When the lady said our time was up, we both pouted. I coulda stayed there all day. The atmosphere was unbelievable. Here is the link if you want to get a better idea of what its like.


http://www.hammamspain.com/cordoba/

No comments:

Post a Comment